Friday, January 17, 2014

Happy Friday! What you cooking tonight?

Happy Friday Lovelies

I was just straightening up around my home and marinating some chicken that I will be cooking for dinner tonight, and I felt like making a post for my friends & family out there.

So I have been checking out some "foodie" videos on YT and actually made a couple of dishes that really hit it off with the family...I mean even my mother-in-law was wondering where I got the recipe for my "Curry Beef Stew, (brown) rice and beans, & Roti" meal I cooked earlier this week, which was an adaptation of "BlackOnyx77: Jamaican Curry Goat- TutorialJamaican Rice and Peas- Tutorial" and "madhurarecipe: How to make roti/chapati/poli (layered roti)."  Wow, how that made me smile on the inside & out!

So I didn't have any goat so I just used a beef roast I chopped into chunks, but instead of a thick consistency it came out like a stew, which was still awesome! I love me some rice & beans from my earlier days being born and raised in NY, and I ate roti before, but didn't know the proper name of it, and it isn't too hard to make either; plus it doesn't need many ingredients to make...that is always a plus for me. 

I also made a couple of other things this week, which was a hit with my family, and I must admit I am always filled with joy when my guys love what I cook...Tee Hee :D

So what will you guys be making for dinner tonight or what did you make this week that was a hit with the family? And it don't have to be anything special just as long as it made your family happy, and made you feel the joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment