Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Coconut Oil Pre-Poo Feels Good!

At one point in my natural hair journey, approximately last fall (Sept. 2013) I had a lot of build up and sore spots--like these little bumps that was so irritated on my scalp, and I started a regimen where I washed my hair with Johnson & Johnson baby wash every week for about 6-7 weeks, and co-washed in between shampooing to be sure to remove all product build up from twist-outs, and from using oil to sooth my scalp. But since then (approx. my birthday week), my scalp cleared up, and now I just make sure to wash/clarify my scalp every other week unless my hair needs the process earlier.

I also currently use an oil mixture to massage my scalp for prevention or relief of itchiness throughout the week...lol! I usually use olive oil, wonder 8 oil (which includes jojoba, safflower, etc), castor oil, and vitamin E. 

Thankfully my scalp is doing well at this time, but I had to do research and trial & error to figure out what works for my scalp and hair.

I had to wash my hair with shampoo again; but this time I did a pre-poo first with coconut oil, and my hair felt so good as the oil penetrated my strands, I finger detangled and twisted up each section. Wow, I didn't really realize how much my hair likes coconut oil--yeah, yeah, I know my hair responded well to coconut oil, but it was like my hair was butter. So I put a plastic bag on my head for about an hour, and then I shampooed my hair. I then proceeded to condition my hair with regular conditioner, and rinsed my hair with cold water to shock my cuticles closed. My hair felt so good and soft. 

I added my "African Pride Olive Oil Miracle" leave in conditioner,  used coconut oil to seal, SM Coconut Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and Eco styler (Olive oil formula) gel to my strands; and banded my hair only twisting at the ends. My hair was smelling something delicious; I asked my hubby "that ain't my hair smelling delicious is it?" He was like "yep." Right before I went to sleep it came to my mind--I hope I didn't over do it with the coconut oil. I don't know, I guess I will see tomorrow (I did not take my hair down today.) Now I hope I didn't throw my hair in coconut overload...lol idk?

Since I didn't band my hair in a long while I will make a video, and let you know. What do you think? Did I over do it or not?

Cassandra--


No comments:

Post a Comment