Saturday, March 1, 2014

Oil Modification/Revisit





So after wearing my hair in braid-outs all last week. I enjoyed a good deep conditioning/wash day. I decided to add (regular) Castor oil back to my oil mixture. I know when I first went natural in 2011, my staple oils were olive oil, tea tree oil, castor oil, sunflower oil, carrot oil, and vitamin E oil. I didn’t break out or have any issues back then, and I really like the thickness of castor oil, and it does add so much shine to my hair. I had tried to use the Jamaican Black Castor oil (JBCO), and then it seem like I was breaking out, so I decided that I would stop with the JBCO, and didn’t use any form of the oil; which now as I think—I really think the break-out was from other issues.
So I was purchasing some items at the store, and decided to get a bottle of the old castor oil I purchased in the past, and added some in my oil bottle I use for sealing my hair and massaging my scalp. I will see how it goes, but I already can tell the difference in shine when I took my hair down.




Do you have some old regimen items that you stopped using, but now thinking or decided to add back?

No comments:

Post a Comment