Sunday, June 2, 2013

Why Is Everyone Walking Around Nappy?

So I was out and about in the world handling my business. While sitting in the lobby (waiting) a woman next to me, who I was having polite conversation with to pass the time asks me "why is everyone (here) walking around with their hair all nappy?"

Now mind you...I have my hair kinky-twisted up so I'm sure this woman didn't know she was asking a "nappy" sister this pondering (or I'd like to stay positive and hope she didn't know...lol!)

I took a quick moment to get it together; I say "well you know we are a people who have been instilled to think our hair is bad, and we need to process it to make it straight like other races, and I think that we have a new generation of folks, who are now embracing their hair as God has given." Getting back to our roots, so to say like back in the 70s. I also said that there's a lot of entertainers that are natural that wear wigs, weaves, or even press their hair for parts; but underneath they are natural.

Oddly, her mannerisms of previous seem to dissipate, and she nodded in agreement. I also said to her that its a choice because it is work being natural & its not for everyone and I'm at peace to say that. My motto "to each its own" permed or natural it's your decision ultimately.

Daniel 7:9 "...and the hair of his head like the pure wool..." I personally like to think that my hair is like my Father's.

No comments:

Post a Comment