Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Havana/Marley Twist Protective Styling Complete

I am healing from a fever, chest congestion, and a stuffy nose; so I am a little behind on this post, but I wanted to quickly show my latest protective style: Marley/Havana twists (I not sure which one it is called or if its the same thing just different names in different locations...lol.)

Now, as I stated previously I did self-installed these twists; and I learned how to do them on YouTube (of course) by Donedo05 and Jouelzy. I just had to try for myself.

Now doing my own hair sometimes is a chore (for protective styles that is), and this is one style that I do not plan to self-installing again; now don't get me wrong it's not hard or bad; but I was having a trouble keeping my hair separated as I was twisting the clock-wise section of hair and the counter-clockwise section of hair; before twisting down; it was a mess for me. (I have a video that I will be uploading to YT soon I just need some more healing time.)

So what I did was as I got to the front area of my head, which was the most difficult for me...why I don't know. I was like skip this because my twists wasn't holding correctly or taut; so I just braided (like with kinky twists), and then twist on down, and I must say that I liked that better, and that is what I will be doing next time on my whole head--kinky twist without curling the ends (yeah, I still put the hair in boiling water to make sure they don't come down.)

My husband think it's the bomb...giving me googly eyes...lol! Lord willing, I will be doing my BFF's hair the same (but not with the kinky twist shortcut) this weekend. I will see if she will let me take some pictures to show you guys; she's shy.

But yeah, I went for the long look! I will have my hair like this for anywhere between 2-8 weeks, depending on how it holds up & how long I can hold up (ya'll know I get to missing my natural hair...smh!)I love the end results though:



 



Alright, I'm going to rest! Thanks for stopping by :D
 

6 comments:

  1. You did a really good job! I like! Your earrings are pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much; I got the earrings at "The Purse Man" store here in AL; it's a great place. I did a haul video on them, but not these earrings...I keep going back, lol!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better! You did a really good job! I know it's always a bonus when the hubby likes the hair...I'm always asking mine what he thinks. He's usually pretty happy though. Congrats on making it through the install. Your earrings are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am healing up...almost through with the mucus (gross...sorry!) I am so glad that I made it through the install to...a mess! Yeah, I am blessed to have a partner who loves my hair no matter what. I got the earring at the Purse Man store (I vlogged about it on my channel, but not these earrings got them at another visit.) Thanks for reading! :D

      Delete
  3. Great job Cassandra! I totally understand getting twisted trying to twist clockwise & counter clockwise! But they came out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was losing my grip, and mind for a second and had to stop and get it together, then continue...lol! I'm glad they came out pretty okay for a 1st time. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete